Friday 25 December 2015

Book: Revealing The Personality by Shri Parthasarathi Rajagopalachari (Chariji). Chapter 2: Using the Heart


 Create Love In Your Heart


“Love is not something to be given and taken. It is a wrong idea of love. Love is something to be created in your heart. And when your heart is full of love, you cannot stop people from coming to you, like bees going to flowers. Or, like in India, ants going to the sugar. The sugar does not say, “Come to me, I am sweet. Come to me, I am sweet.” It does not need haircuts or good clothes. Its sweetness attracts. Where is the sweetness in our hearts? Only douleur, pas douceur. 

So if you want to avoid douleur (pain), you must substitute douceur (sweetness), and then you will find beautiful things that spirituality can create in you. And when the heart is full of this douceur, amour (love), even God comes.”

--  Taken from the book, "Revealing the Personality (2nd edition, 2009)", 
Chapter "Using the Heart", pg. 11, by Shri. Parthasarathi Rajagopalachari

The sheer simplicity in which Chariji, the previous SRCM President, reveals to us the solution to most of our problems in life really touched me when I read this chapter for the first time.

All our lives, many of us look outside for love and seek it from others. Sometimes we feel that we treat our friends and family with love and they don’t reciprocate it as per our expectations. Then we get disappointed and there is pain in the heart that blocks us from opening up to them again. And the relationship sours.

The Sahaj Marg system of Yoga teaches us to create love in our hearts and live by it every moment without any expectation. Then a miracle happens that people automatically start becoming attracted to the love they feel inside us. And when the love in our hearts becomes purer and purer, it attracts even God.

In another talk, Chariji describes the Transmission received by Sahaj Marg abhyasis (aspirants) during Meditation as the energy of pure love - an energy that fills our hearts with love and transforms our lives.

It has certainly transformed mine!


8 comments:

  1. nothing motivates us the way love does, today meditation has captuted the imagination of highly successfful but where will they get the motivation to do it day after day for the rest of their lives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, love without expecting is greater than anything

    ReplyDelete
  3. The above message from Chariji is so potent. If we become love then love is in us always and we will never be unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is true and practical. In my life it helped me not to expect anything which relieved my sorrow and disappointment a lot

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is true and practical. In my life it helped me not to expect anything which relieved my sorrow and disappointment a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is true and practical. In my life it helped me not to expect anything which relieved my sorrow and disappointment a lot

    ReplyDelete
  7. True and possible if one has interest to cultivate it. This helped me a lot. By regular practice I am at peace at all times

    ReplyDelete
  8. True and possible if one has interest to cultivate it. This helped me a lot. By regular practice I am at peace at all times

    ReplyDelete